Our first President is often remembered as a humble, grey wigged, elder statesman. But by the end of 1776 the American Revolution almost came to an end. General Washington made a bold move that saved the American cause. The Continental Army Crossed the Delaware River on Christmas Day to attack the Hessians in Trenton. This was America's First D-day.
Facts about the crossing most people don’t know that the film will highlight:
- The Marbleheaders saved the Revolution twice, once in New York and once again crossing the Delaware river
- A beautiful widow seduced a British Colonel for three days preventing reinforcements from arriving in Trenton
- A leader of a loyalist gang swam across the Delaware river on Christmas Eve to warn the Hessians that Washington is planning to attack Trenton
- Three different crossings were attempted on Christmas Day and only Washington’s group made it, the other two crossings had to turn back due to severe weather
- Washington used a network of spies to insure a successful surprise attack
- If the attack on Trenton was not successful the American Revolution would have come to an END.